Thursday, April 17, 2008

Food for thought??? My first blog


This is for those who have always heard 'Humaare North me tho/Down in South we do stuff like this...etc etc'
I happen to be a victim of this.........on a daily basis. I have these bunch of good colleagues in office..everyday during lunch time, their lines start by saying acha yahan daal/sabzi/rice (the list is endless!) aise banta hai?humare North me tho...and they start cribbing of everything which is south indian...sad part is they say these lines everyday....
Heights was when one my friend had come down to Chennai and I had taken her to one of the best places which served Dosas and sambar....believe me this is what she said acha yahaan Sambar aise banta hai?Humaare North me tho....... (for a minute I was wondering where does Sambar originate from..........)
Another instance, where my relatives arrived(I belong to Gods own country).....I took them to the finest North indian resturant in town for breakfast and when they had Puri cholle, their first comment was 'they dont know to make puris' and told me in whispers....can you believe it they do not fry puris in coconut oil!!!
I always think to myself why people crib on these cases...ok if it was an old person saying, I would definitely understand...but when the younger generation says so I feel very bad.....,,,,,I would sincerely request everyone not to crib on the topic of FOOD....
Before you start cribbing, for a second, think of all those people who actually starve to death due to famine and other calamities!!!
Few months back I had been to Brussels on an onsite visit...I was really surprised by the warmth of my colleagues.
They loved Indian food so I used to prepare for them and they used to take me out to the best Belgian restaurants....as days were getting close for me to depart, one day one of my fren...she was an Italian ,she said she would take me to the best place in town which serves Pizzas....We were having a great time, must say that the pizzas were mind blowing.....suddenly an Indian family sat next to our table....they were quite a loud family and when the pizzas were served to them.........BINGO.....this is what they said........Oh here pizzas are made like this??????In our India......and they started cribbing about those pizzas which were served..the only difference was this time it wasnt against any particular region :)

No comments: