Sunday, November 28, 2010

Girls : Equally responsible for Dowry system

I hate 'Dowry system' but above all I hate girls who support this system
I have seen so many girls who are well educated, have a good job, but during their marriage, when their parents offer gold,car etc etc to the grooms parents, they never open their mouth...don't give me the usual dialogue ' we don't have a say in this'
Puhleease you are educated, have a job of your own...don't tell me you cannot voice your opinion? infact I personally feel such girls don't want to voice on this matter...many a times i see girls after marriage comparing with each other on what their parents have given
I am so proud of those very very few girls who voice their opinion...wish we had more of them, atleast then the dreaded system of Dowry could reduce in India
What is the key factor here??? nope its not education coz if that was the case then Dowry would not be prevalent in educated masses..but dowry is prevalent to a very large extent in well to do educated families as well
What do you think where are we lacking?
To start with, I feel when a girl has a boy child...she should make him aware of not taking dowry.....and when he gets married, she should genuinely not take anything from her daughter-in-law....i feel that when more people takes up this approach then after few years we can see India free of dowry
I know its easily said......however I really feel that girls who are educated should make use of their education and not support this foolish system!!!
I feel if only every girl genuinely feel how wrong this system is, will this system be eradicated in future...Whats your say???

No comments: