Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dependence on Maids!

I am so irritated...I have a full time maid...well i am grateful that i have one
But i hate the fact that we are so dependent on her
And to top it, she keeps reminding me every now and then about it
I have to have a Plan B in place
My son is now 3.3 yrs old and he goes to preschool
Since me an hubby are working, we require someone at home to take care of him
But now I have started feeling..isn't it ok for him to go to a creche...a good creche
I know I might be sounding rude and selfish but i am tired of being so dependent
Tired of the fact that after giving so much freedom, she still throw tantrums
I do understand that she has come from her native, knowing that, I have made sure that she has her freedom
She is treated as one among us
I have never told her not to do this or that...given her complete freedom
These days I have been spending time with her every evening and after all this if she is not happy
Then may be something lacking at my end..but I dont think I will be able to do anything about it
She has been rude these days to my son as well
She has started saying that she would go to her native and he would be placed in a creche
She has also said creche is a place where there are cockroaches and no one will be there
I am suprised to hear all this because this has got me thinking

Why should we always depend on maids so much
This dependence doesnt happen in any other country, as much as in India
I know of my cousins who are settled in US...they dont have maids to attend to their kids...still they manage
Right now I am irritated,frustrated and disappointed...this is so unlike me!!!
Any advice???

No comments: