Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chauvinism : To be or not?

I have been toying of writing this entry for quite sometime...its on the species from Mars
But until, it doesn't go out of my system, I will not be in peace, so finally decided to pen down my thoughts

This is not for all men in this world but most of them I have seen come across in this genre

These thoughts are based on true events...any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely intentional :)

I have never understood real meaning on male chauvinism :

Wikipedia defines it as a term used to describe the belief that men are superior to women. It is often used interchangeably with "sexism" and is closely associated with misogyny and perceptions of women as inferior to men, especially intellectually

Well what I don't understand is Indian or South Indian male chauvinism behaves in a different way
If one is a chauvinist, then one should be a chauvinist always and should never change their chauvinism according to their convenience
My best friend was telling me the other day, that she was in a rush in morning hours to go to office, as usual she told her hubby, if he could iron her clothes, he had never said No before this day, but that day he said a stern No, she was surprised by his reaction and guess what was the reason, because his friend was at home and he did not want to show that he irons his wives clothes!
Gosh I really wanted to know what was he trying to prove
I have come across many men of this sort,its  they will shamelessly accept dowry, car,salary etc from their wives, but still they try to show that they are superior...lets be honest, do they really feel superior?I doubt!
Its ridiculous, how can you be superior after accepting all materialistic gains from your wife?
I think men should come out of this ego...that is when the world will be a better place to live

Things like keeping the plate in the dinner table,they cannot think of cleaning it...its a small thing, but this doesn't express love for a woman, all these tactical stuff keeps proving that women are indeed treated badly in India!
Its funny that even if a women is well educated, inside the four walls of a house, she succumbs to such treatment...sometimes I wonder, will such a house ever be a home?

At time I feel all this is due to the species from Venus only
When one has a son, if he is treated similar to a daughter, then he would never have an ego, but I have always seen that boys at a young age itself is treated like gods by their mothers, and that's how they develop their superior ego..sad very sad...What a waste of Education to such women!!!

I know things are changing and I have seen men who treat women very well, they do not believe in keeping the plates in the dining table or do not accept dowry...but they still make a smaller pie...Hats off to them...YOU GUYS ROCK!Let your tribe grow!
But the other segment : Well all I can say is SHAME ON YOU!!!GROW UP :)
It sad when the latter segment (chauvinist) meets someone of former segment (non or less chauvinist), do you know how do they perceive?...they call them spineless...sad they are never ready to embrace goodness in life!

P.S : Please "men" who belong to the latter segment, don't take it personally, its just that someone should tell you guys, what a lady feels...and women who succumb to this segment, same goes to you...Shame on you!

2 comments:

Priya said...

Good one...so true!

Chitra said...

I agree with this post,especially on taking plates to the sink