Thursday, January 22, 2009

Welcome to Aamchi Mumbai


As I sit in my balcony sipping green tea, I look around mesmerised….mesmerised of this city, a city which never sleeps…yes I am talking about Mumbai…same Mumbai which is the hub of entertainment industry and various other industries, a city home to all kind of people,right from the poorest of poor to the richest of rich…there are so many buildings in and around me….they all seems so mystifying….

It wonders to me as in how many houses does love exist….I see a hill towards my right…the hill is full of slums, maybe love exists there…Why not? Why do we look over there and pity them??? Maybe they are quite contended there…
I look at the road at a stretch opposite me and see that vehicles never stop here and I ponder where are all of them travelling at 2:30 AM…..the road remains a mystery to me
I see the buildings around and they all look as though no life exists there…but when I stare for sometime, I do see people moving around
I can here music somewhere faraway, some shaadi ke gaane, I hear bhajans when I try hard, I even hear dogs barking, all this are happening at the sometime…
But even though there are so many noises around, so many people around…I suddenly feel lonely, wish this city passes on some of its hustle bustle to me
But as time passes I fall in love with this loneliness as I am completely in peace with myself…this is the space I long for, in a day……………and I thank everyone who has made my life special and special thanks to Mumbai for accepting me amongst zillions of others and accepting us, as we are!!!

1 comment:

Tiana Das said...

Mumbai Rocks!